Friday, December 30, 2011

Bruschetta with Pesto and Salami

I love baby showers for the food (the baby's great too!).  The best appetizers are pulled out and there are not many other times that you are able to eat an entire meal of just appetizers.  I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine where I grabbed a few bruschetta to start with intending to go back and try the rest of the treats.  Unfortunately I  was unable to try the rest of the food because I just had to eat more of the bruschetta.  Suddenly none of the other food mattered.  Flavorful basil pesto, and yummy salami, kept me coming back for more.

 I went home thinking of the bruschetta and a week later I still couldn't get it out of my head.  I had to call up the hostess to find out exactly how to make it, and then I made it for my lunch.  Now if I'm hosting a shower I always pull out this bruschetta and I always get asked for the recipe.  It's incredibly simple and great to pull out for parties.  Truthfully though, it more often makes an appearance as my lunch because I just can't wait for another party to make it.

Bruschetta with Pesto and Salami 


Ingredient amounts are approximate.

1 Crusty Baguette
1 cup basil pesto (store bought or your own)
1 slice of hard salami per slice of bread (hard salami is my preference but if you prefer genoa go for it)
fresh cracked pepper

Slice the baguette into thin slices and toast in you oven until just lightly browned.  Take one spoonful of pesto and spread it over the toast.  Place one slice of salami on top and a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper over the whole thing.  Repeat until you use all the bread.  Ta da!  That's it!  Incredibly simple, Incredibly delicious. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...