Monday, December 19, 2011

Sauteed Corn with Lemon and Thyme


I enjoy cooking for company.  I'll pick a favorite main course, homemade rolls, and dessert from scratch.  I want the whole meal to be fantastic, but the problem is when after making these items I just don't have time for the side dishes.  I really hate to cook up frozen corn for dinner.  It just seems so blah compared to the rest of the meal, so why bother?

This my friends, is no ordinary frozen corn.  Though it takes only minutes to prepare the taste is out of this world.  Sweet buttery corn with a suggestion of lemon and fresh thyme.  Thanks to the thyme growing in my garden this corn is no longer just reserved for company.

I got this recipe from a sweet friend of mine who sadly no longer blogs.  I do suggest that you check out her blog since it is still listed.  It will inspire you to be a better mother, wife, and . . cook.  Her photography is amazing and she is just as delightful in real life as she seems in her blog.

Sauteed Corn with Lemon and Thyme

1/4 cup butter
3 cups frozen corn (thawed and drained)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar

Melt butter in a large skillet(I like using my cast iron skillet) over medium high heat.  Add the rest of the ingredients and saute about 5 minutes.  Add salt and pepper to taste  DONE!  It's that easy.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...