Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie

My husband called me the other day while he was in the car and said that I needed to turn on the radio and listen to NPR.  "Do you know who Dori Greenspan is?"  Dorie Greenspan.  "Do you remember the Chocolate Caramel Peanut Cake that I made for my Mom's birthday?  That's Dori Greenspan."  I told him.  He didn't remember the author but he was listening to NPR and she was on.  He knew she was talking about food so he figured I would want to listen (one of my favorite subjects).

I turned on the radio (actually I searched NPR online because I don't actually have a radio in my house) and heard about a group called Tuesday's with Dorie.  They had just finished baking through Baking: From My Home to Yours and were about to embark on another book of Dorie's, Baking with Julia.  I love Baking: From My Home to Yours I was (still am) so sad that I missed out on the opportunity to bake all the recipes from it with other home blogging cooks from around the world, but I was thrilled to find out that I too could join them on their next adventure Baking with Julia.  I promptly signed up and am thrilled to begin.

Tuesdays with Dorie is a group of bloggers who post on Tuesdays about baking the chosen recipe for the week.  We all bake the same recipe and we all post on the same day.  If you are interested in seeing what other's thought of the recipe go to Tuesdays with Dorie and you can find links for posts by the hundreds of bloggers who made the recipe.

Every other Tuesday I will post about the recipe from Baking with Julia that we are making.  These posts will be unlike my other posts in two ways.  I will not be posting the recipe but I will be posting a link to the recipe.  Also, I will be posting about a recipe that I have made probably for the first time.  The other recipes on this site are favorites that I have made multiple times.  I'm looking forward to my Tuesdays with Dorie and I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...