Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Caprese Bites

Oh these little bites are so delicious.  I am craving them right now.  I made these for a baby shower a few weeks ago and they were the first to go.  Everyone LOVED them!  And how could you not?  Fresh creamy mozzerella, fragrant, fresh basil, and delicious cherry tomatoes.  Top it off with a splash of balsamic vinegar and you are in heaven.

They are so easy to put together that my kids did most of it while I was preparing other dishes.  Here is my warning though.  While with most appetizers I plan on about 2 per person.  With these however I think most people ate about 5 or 6 (and there was  a lot of other food at the shower).  Be prepared to make lots!

Caprese Bites
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Cut your fresh mozzarella into small cubes (about 3/4 inch).  Move it about halfway up the toothpick.    If you have large basil leaves cut them in half and then fold it in half so the shiny side of the leave is out.  Skewer that underneath the mozzarella.  Finally stick the toothpick into a cut cherry tomato so that it stands up straight.  Place them on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.  Let it sit for a few minutes then transfer to a clean plate to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...