Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TWD rewind Popovers


This recipe was supposed to be done in August but before I knew it, it was the day to post and I hadn't made it.  "Oh well," I thought "I guess I'll have to skip this one."   Oh why didn't I even look at the recipe?  This recipe takes about three minutes to put together.  The directions are just dump everything in the blender and give it a whirl.

I did make a few changes to the recipe.  First of all I only had one extra large egg and the recipe called for three.  I cut the recipe in half and the one egg was perfect (some other bakers complained of it tasting eggy).  I also cut down on the baking time based on the other posts I read.  In total I knocked off about 10 minutes.  I wouldn't have wanted them baked a second longer.

They didn't totally wow me with how good they taste--they were good but not amazing.  But since they were so incredibly easy to make I might make them again and experiment to see how I like them best.

The recipe can be found at Vintage Kitchen Notes, at Bake with Amy and of course in Baking with Julia

4 comments:

  1. Your popovers got so nice and puffy! Popovers were very popular for this post. And I am almost believing everyone when they say they are easy to make. I still feel they'll be daunting. But I am close to giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also baked the popovers and I also used 2 eggs instead of 3 :) I like how yours have popped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the egg and timing suggestion. I skipped this the first time around so I"ll be sure to keep your tips in mind. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made them, we quite enjoyed them--but I like eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...