Monday, January 14, 2013

Hot Spiced Lemonade


It seems odd to me that my lemon tree ripens in the middle of winter.  Though lemonade is yummy any time of year it doesn't seem quite fitting to be sipping cold lemonade while bundled up in sweaters and coats.  Today I have a recipe that will have you sipping lemonade all winter long.  My mom introduced me to this hot lemonade and it was perfect as she made it for the family as we were sledding is 20 degree weather during a recent visit.  The vanilla really brings it all together but it is faint enough that you don't notice it until it is pointed out to you.

Hot Spiced Lemonade

9 c. water
1 c. lemon juice
2 c. orange juice
2 c. sugar
1 T. vanilla
1/8 t. cloves

Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to simmer then serve.


Shared with Make ahead Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...